Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update on Luke

Luke held on to stable BP levels and had a fairly good night. Thanks for your prayers. This morning his ECG (heart) rate is on the low side and they are keeping a close eye on that. I anxiously pray for Luke to do well today. It is a daily walk and I do not want to get too ahead but I claim in Jesus name that he's home for Christmas! Also, as I noted yesterday, I believe in Luke to do well enough that they will take him off of the ventilator by tomorrow evening. Please pray with me and believe that it is done.

Overnight he's fluid output was good and we need that to continue. His glucose level was high, as they started the TPN (liquid food) yesterday. I think the dr will make the adjustment there this morning. He's breathing, immunosuppressant levels, CVP, etc need some improvement today.

All in all, he's stable and slowly progressing. Today will be a great day for Luke -- in JESUS name!

Michael is doing much better today. He's my All American hero - Life saver (Luke and a recipient on the list), 10 yr Army veteran, father, husband, and one of the most humble people I know. If you have an opportunity, please send him a card with a word of thanks --20423 Middlebury Street, Ashburn, VA 20147. He reminded me of the price Jesus paid for me! Also, I honor Ellen and Emmy Lou for their sacrifices as well. Jen and I (of course Luke) are ever so grateful to them. Thank you in advance for joining me in showing love and appreciation to this great family.

Please pray for our steadfast team -- prayer warriors, Levi's care helpers, meal providers, well wishers, etc. We thank God for you and pray that God's favor will be with you and your family.

I Love my wife for her courage and prayers. I can only imagine how Mary felt, seeing her son suffer and pay the ultimate price -- no comparison to our journey but these are life lessons I can learn from this journey. Luke's cancer is 1:million children but God's sacrifice for over 6 Billion people and counting (just a random thought!). Please keep Jen and the baby in your prayers. She's always my love and my help mate.

With love and sincere appreciation.

Fernando's

No comments: