Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Downgraded to "Gold" status

Just a quick update to say that Lukey was downgraded from "ICU" status and was moved to Transplant unit last night. His new status is called "Gold" and I'm trying to figure out why they call "Gold" for staying at the hospital, no matter what status you're in :)

Thank you so much for your prayers. Also, it seems like my greatest Christmas gift "Lukey home for Christmas" is coming true. Please keep him in prayer that he will continue to improve and regain his strength every day. Please pray for Levi as well, as he, like Jen and I, went through all these changes last 4 plus months and needs God's touch.

We will be getting some lessons on our new "normal" life and how to care for Lukey. We thank God for saving Lukey's life and letting us care for our precious boy. He went through a lot already and he keeps inspiring me of the fight. I don't know why he was the stat 1:1M, but I know God strengthened his body to be able to endure the pain. Please keep the children and families that are going through this journey in your thoughts and prayers. It breaks my heart to see children suffer and I think my ministry was confirmed in the last few months.

Thank you very much for your love, thoughtfulness, friendship, time, kindness, sensitiveness, etc etc. We really appreciate you.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, Ben, Levi, and Luke. We continue to pray for your strength through this long trial. There are a lot of people out here who love you and think of you every day.

Brainos Family

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Love u guys Jen.. Please take pics of Lukey on Christmas I am going to post my miracle baby for Christmas... I pray God sends you all the restoration you all need and then some. Love to Levi and Ben...Noel