Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday Morning

Luke has been doing well all the way until this morning, where we had a major ER type of atmosphere in the room. His blood pressure dipped and kept going down. They had to give him about 800cc of liquids and medicate him with BP enhancers. I was nervous to say the least, but as I have done in the last 4 months, I held on to God's word. He hasn't forsaken me and has always come to my rescue when I called on Him. He's my strength and ever present help. He's my fortress and my hiding place. After about an hour of the drs, nurses, and medical staff's hard work, and my cry out to God, Luke's BP went up and stabilized. At the moment, we have Dr. Fishbein and ultrasound tech going through scans of Luke's tummy to figure out what took place this morning and figure out if there was any damage to his new liver.

Please continue to keep Luke in your prayers. As you know this is a major surgery on a baby and per our PICU dr, he's progressing well but not "out of the woods" yet. We always trust in God's report but God sure trust us in our ability to lean on Him!!

In the last 4 months I've learned a lot about people and life. I'm more encouraged about people now much more than before. About life, well, God didn't lie when he said in John 16:33 "These things I have have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." God has sent great people our way to help us get through this storm. Our daily peace comes from the relationship with God, and one thing I can tell for sure is that your prayers have made a major impact already in this journey, THANK YOU! When you go through hell, it is nice to know that heaven is hopeful with people like you. Please keep Luke in your fervent prayers - pray for
  • Luke's new liver to continue to function well
  • Stable blood pressure, pulse, CVP, etc
  • All the drs and medical staff for wisdom and direction for Luke's care
  • Daily peace and rest for Jen (and the baby!), Levi, Luke, and I
  • All our helpers - God direction and God's blessings for their sacrifices

I cannot say enough about my brother-in-law, Michael. He traded places with me giving Luke a life - when my blood and liver were ruled out. His blessing is eternal and his love is the greatest human love of all. I pray for him and thank God for the progress he has already made since the surgery. The sacrifices his wife, Ellen and their 18-month old daughter, Emmy Lou are making cannot be repaid. We are ever so grateful to them! Please keep Michael, Ellen, and Emmy Lou in your prayers. Pray for a speedy recovery and reunion.

Update: Ultrasound was reviewed by Dr. Fishbein and it seems like all the vessels are working good. Praise God! They are monitoring the BP, and trying to get the liquids out of his body slowly. He will be on the ventilator for two more days, I think. And his food will resume tomorrow through a tube. His BP is fluctuating and we need urgent prayer.

Blessings!

Ben

1 comment:

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

We are with you guys in prayer and we will not stop praying until Luke is completely healed and healthy. God has you in his hands. Thank you for the updates I check them a few times a day. It helps me to be specific in my prayers. Love u all.. Sis Noel