Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some pictures to go with the other update

Well I had planned on giving an update last night, but I fell asleep. My husband picked up the slack for me and gave a wonderful update. I was so excited yesterday that they took Lukey off the ventilator. It was the first time I heard him cry in 12 days...and it was music to my ears. Ben definitely needs a night at home to sleep in his own bed. I hope they move Lukey out of the ICU soon. I hope he can come home for Christmas. I'm going to post some pictures since most of the updating has been done. Today Levi gets to go see his baby brother...and he is soooo excited.

Uncle Michael, my cousin Veronica and her husband Ben all came for a visit.

Lukey still sleeping...he wakes up for short spurts and then goes back to sleep.

Here's one of his wakeful moments...I could not get him to smile though. He just stared at me. The nurse kept putting his blankie on top of his head for some reason. (The nurse from the previous blog entry.)

After they took the tube out he was very agitated. His cry was weak, but beautiful. They had to clean all the tape stuff off his face too...he was just mad.

No tube...and all tuckered out from the whole ordeal. See there's that blankie again. I love that I can finally kiss his kissable cheeks. I'm still waiting to be able to hold him.

3 comments:

Tony~Hatmaker said...

Good morning guys!! What a wonderful blog entry to wake up to this morning!! Praise God for His blessings this morning. So glad to see pictures of Lukey with his eyes open this morning and no ventilator tube!! We will continue to pray for Lukey's strength today and for him to give a BIG ole beautiful smile!! Have a wonderful day in Jesus!! Tony & Vern

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

GOODMORNING GUYS..looks like things are going forward. My prayers continue to be with you all daily. Love you.. Hope you guys have a wonderful restful and peaceful Christmas. I know you will have a happy smiling baby as a perfect gift..talk to you soon.. Loved the pics of Luke. Kisses to both of your angels... Love Noel

Kari Sue said...

Ahh!! IT was so nice to see pictures of Lukey. He is precious. Praise God about the tube. We are continueing to pray for you guys. We hope you have a Merry Christmas. We love you guys and miss you. Love, Kari and Dan