Saturday, December 6, 2008

Latest Update

I just spoke with Ben and he gave me the update. What the surgeon thinks happened is that the liver was settling into position, and during that process one of the vessels formed a clot in it. The blood flow had actually started to improve before he went for surgery, but Dr. Fishbein wanted to be absolutely sure about it so they went ahead with the surgery. He was in for about two hours and it looks like everything is going well now. They will do another blood test in about an hour which gives them some information they need. Dr. Fishbein said the liver has really settled in now, so they could see how everything is working in that position.
Ben told me that Luke woke up this morning and looked at him. He said he lifted his arm up, and then started to try to pull out the tubes and things. They had to sedate him again. My baby just wants to wake up and be unhooked. I got a status report on Michael too. He is having a lot of dizziness so they are going to try a different medicine to get it under control. Ben sounded very tired on the phone. He will call me when they have the results of the blood tests. Levi is really missing his daddy, so I think we will drive out to Georgetown this evening and drop off some food and my brother was wanting his phone and Ipod. Thank you for all your prayers. We appreciate them so much.

4 comments:

Tony~Hatmaker said...

Continuing to pray for everyone!! Hang in there and remember that God is in control of everything. Be at peace and I pray for strength in all of you. Thank you so much for updating the blog, it is such a wonderful tool, I am checking in several times a day!! Big HUGS to all of you!! Tony & Vern

Monica Hassas said...

My my, Jen I am at a loss for words. I will be praying for you and Ben to have great peace and strength, and for baby Luke to come out of this experience shining like gold. Your brother is an angel and we'll be praying for him too. We are all concerned and I've been asked if I have talked to you, so when you have some time to breath, give me a call. Doesn't matter what time. Love you.

Kari Sue said...

Jen, We are continuing to pray for everyone. I check the blog several times a day. Thanks for updating, I'm sure it is really hard to do. You guys are in our prayers. I pray for strength for you all. Love you guys so much, Kari and Dan

Pearl & Terry said...

Thank you Jen for keeping us updated. All our love & prayers are with Luke & Michael. Thank you Lord for giving Jen & Ben the courage to hang on. We love you all.
Terry & Pearl