Friday, December 12, 2008

BP and ECG

Luke's BP and heart rate are on the lower side tonight. I've been praying for God's touch. I read the word and believed that God has already touched him ..."and the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all." Luke 6:19. It is just passed midnight, and after about an hour, Luke's BP is climbing up --Praise God! God has really taught me the power of standing on His word and calling His name, and most importantly believing that as it is written, it will be done. Very hard process, especially when you're child's life is on the line. But there's no one else I'll rather call from my vantage point. Oh by the way, his ECG is slowly increasing as well. Please stay in prayer for Luke.

Today was a rough day for a couple of parents, as they had to witness their children near extreme critical status. I had to put my arm around a dad who saw his 14-month old daughter get put on life support. I have seen ER on TV but nothing close to the reality I see here at ICU. I just don't know how people face this without God. I know I will be lost without him-- as the song "I can't even walk" that we used to sing in our church, if not for Him and the people he sent to help us through, I can't even imagine how this journey is possible for Jen and I.



I CAN'T EVEN WALK

I thought number one would surely be me,
I thought I could be what I wanted to be.
I thought I could build on life's sinking sand
But I can't even walk without You holding my hand.


I can't even walk without You holding my hand.
The mountain's too high and the valley's too wide.
Down on my knees, I learned to stand.
And I can't even walk without You holding my hand.

I think I'll make Jesus my One and my All
From now on when in trouble, only His name I'll call
And If I can't trust Him, I'll be less of a man
'Cause I can't even walk without You holding my hand.


There's so many times a day that I think about all the wonderful people we were privileged to have around us. I thank God for all of you and nothing that we can say or do will ever capture what you have been to us in getting through each day of this journey. Your prayers, meals, words of encouragement, comments on the blog, donations, friendship, time, and steadfastness have shown us how much love can heal. I remember my trip to Sri Lanka after the Tsunami, and in my mind a simple act of love, how much it impacted the children that were devastated. Like Jen, I'm more accustomed to giving and it is humbling to be on the receiving end. Life is but a shadow and it passes by so fast, and I think what matters in the end is how much difference we made in each others lives. With that prophetic thought:), I'm going to try and get some sleep. Good night!

1 comment:

Monica Hassas said...

Jen - Thank God HE hears our prayers. Reading this post makes me think of another dear old song we used to sing in the choir together -

Lord, I will lift my eyes to the hills - Knowing my help is coming from you - Your peace you give me in times of the storm . . .

YOU ARE the source of my strength
YOU ARE the strength of my life
I lift my hands in total praise to you

Remember?

So happy to hear Lukey is doing well. We, of course are praying everyday for all of you. Just remember, God can use you in a mighty way to show those other parents who Jesus is.

Love you