Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life Update

I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for. I say any Thanksgiving where I don't have to cook, is a good one. Our good friends John and Gilian surprised us with an entire turkey dinner for lunch. All we had to do was heat and eat. Never had it so easy. Then at 5pm my brother flew in to Dulles and at 6pm we had another dinner at a friends house in Maryland. It was a full more ways than one. I love the mashed potatoes and rolls with green olives stuck inside! Yeah...that's not a pregnancy thing...I've always loved it. John and Gilian trying to carve the turkey.

The day after Thanksgiving we got our Christmas tree. I was sad that I did not get to go and be a part of picking out the tree this year, but it was way too cold for Lukey. Ben and Levi and my brother went and cut down the tree. They picked the perfect tree. Levi decorated it with all the shatterproof ornaments he could get his hands on. You can imagine how "lovely" it is! Levi say's it's the best tree in the whole world and that is enough for me. Gone are the days of making my Christmas tree a matching theme or even just pretty. For the next 10-15 years it's all about the boys and hopefully the little girl baby growing in my belly.

Speaking of babies. I finally had an ultrasound to see how far along I am. I am 12 weeks. This has to be a girl. Levi believes it is. He wants to name her Lily Lou. I said Lily, yes but Lily Lou sounds strange. I got to hear the heartbeat and see "her" moving all around. It is always an awe inspiring sight to see them on ultrasound.

Last weekend we took my brother to DC to see the sights. It was pretty cold and kind of a rushed tour because I forgot to bring a bottle. He got to see most everything. The White House, the Capitol, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial.

Levi looking quite cold.

I love this hat! He looks like Elmer Fudd.

Michael at the monument.

So now Michael has finished all of his tests and we can go into the hospital as early as Friday for the surgery. We got a call after Thanksgiving that they had two livers and they were 75% sure we would get one. Well we didn't. I wish they wouldn't call unless they were sure we were going to get a liver. It's going to be a long road yet. I will try to keep the updates coming. Lukey will be in the ICU for a few days, so I might be a little slow at first with the updates. You never know. I really hope to be home for Christmas. Love to you all, I need to go take care of a very fussy little guy.

Post a Comment