Saturday, October 18, 2008

One day at a time...

God is our strength and ever present healer. In HIM alone we will trust. The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness and guides us everyday.

Jen is right, when things are bleak and seem almost impossible, God steps in. We know this for sure... through God all things are possible. We give Him praise and by faith receive His miracle.

I want to thank everyone for your continued prayers. We pray for your steadfastness, and may God bless you and give you a word to share with us in our valleys. Thank you for taking this journey alongside us. Please keep posting your comments on this blog. I can't even begin to tell you how comforting to know you’re praying and thinking of Lukey and our family. We read them ever so eagerly!

I want to say how much I love my wife. She's so strong and such a solid rock to me and our children. We are going to fight a good fight and I’m encouraged by my wife’s strength and determination.

God, you're our strong tower and ever present help, and we are desperate for your touch. Lukey needs you. We will not let the enemy steal our joy, and you gave us Lukey and we have already dedicated him to you. Keep him strong and safe, and give us strength to take it one day at a time.

Blessings,
Ben

4 comments:

lanka_dez said...

Ben, Jen, thankyou for sharing all of this in these updates. Thankyou for letting us read into and feel all of the raw, and real moments of this battle...we understand more and know how to pray more effectively. We love you all so very much. We pray for Gods hands to reach and touch you when we yearn to, but are physically so far away we can not. We pray he gives your bodies rest, health, healing, and a strength that can come from God alone.
Dez, nik, anissa, and aidan

The Rowell Bunch said...

Ben, your wife is indeed a strong women. Pastor had a preaching a few weeks ago that my mother in law shared with me she said he preached on family and how the husband is in his home and towards his wife is how she protrays herself. Great Job!! You both seem like a very strong dedicated, faitful family and we are praying for your family everyday for God to give you peace, strenth, & uplifting. God will not give us more then we can handle it is all in his hands....a great testimony will come from this! We love your family Baby Luke has us sisters and brothers in Christ all over this country on our knees praying for him.

Love,
The Rowell Bunch

Monica Hassas said...

Ben,
Please know that we are all holding you and your family up in prayer. I can't begin to imagine what you and Jen are going through, but I know God has you in the palm of His hand. He is faithful. God bless you.

Monica

Violet Carr Moore said...

Ben, I watch the blog to see what is happening to Luke and with your family. When I read your words, I feel your pain but feel your faith. Through all this, you and jen are blessed to have God on your side. Vi Moore