Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend and week at home. Luke is doing great. To all of you praying for Luke's appetite to increase...thanks!! That is definitely an answered prayer. I can barely keep up with him now. When Luke was first diagnosed my milk supply dwindled to half of what it was. I could not eat and he was not eating, so I stopped pumping as much. Now he is eating every three hours again and I am trying to bring my supply back up. Good thing I have a freezer full of frozen milk, or I'd be in trouble.

Ben spent some good time with Levi this weekend. They went to a high school football game, because Levi loves the marching band. They also went to a cricket match. We went for lots of walks with Luke and enjoyed some fresh air. Wednesday we go back to the Dr. for the last chemotherapy in this round. I am hoping that they have made the ct appointment already, so we have a date set.

Luke is so brave and sweet. He melts my heart with his smile and laughter. Levi keeps him laughing when he wants to cry. I love my boys. We are definitely growing stronger as a family. We don't take anything for granted. When Levi asks me to play cars for the 10th time in a day or watch him ride his bike or play tag...I do it!! If I'm really tired (always), I do it...because life is just too short and they grow so fast. Luke wants to be held ALL the time now. We just hold him, because I can't imagine what he is feeling. I want him to feel secure and comforted and loved. I hold him until my arms are fatigued, and then hold him some more. I wonder if it's how the Lord feels about us. He just wants to hold us close and let us know He loves us. God is so good. I wish you all a great week. I'll update after our appointment on Wednesday.

2 comments:

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Jen, so glad to hear things are so much better. There are so many people praying. It was only a matter of time. God is faithful. I love you and we will continue to pray for Gods healing virtue to restore in full. Noel

Tony~Hatmaker said...

What a mighty God we serve!! Angels bow before Him, Heaven and Earth adore Him, what a mighty God we serve!!! Jen, as I read your update this evening, that song began to ring in my heart, God is so mighty and He is proving that to us everyday. I am so glad to hear that Luke is eating and that you guys had a great last week and weekend! I continue to pray that Lukes appetite will stay strong and that the last session on chemo this round will go well. Continue to be strong and know that we think about you guys all the time and we miss you much!! As always, you and Ben share hugs and be sure to hug the boys and the pooches!! Sending lot's of hugs!! Tony, Vern and Maxwell