Friday, September 26, 2008

Decision Made

I just got off the phone with Luke's oncologist. I only waited ALL day. The decision has been made to proceed with the chemotherapy treatments. Yeah..I know..I took a cry break for the last 20 minutes. They say the tumor is just too close to the portal vessel. I know it's the safest decision for Luke, but watching him go through the chemo is so hard. They want to shrink it even further. She said it's not likely that it will shrink enough with just one more treatment, so we will need to do two more. I pray that God protects his kidneys and his hearing. He has just gotten back to eating as much as he did before. Two steps forward..five steps back. We check into the hospital tomorrow, but should only be there one night. Here we go again...Lord give me strength!

No comments: