Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursday, August 14, 2008

We thought we would be able to go home today, but Luke needed another blood transfusion today and he hasn't been eating. He went the whole day today without throwing up, which is really good. The Dr. said as long as he starts eating and keeping it in we can go home tomorrow. Last night Luke would not go to sleep. He was very fussy and crying. I felt like crying also because I was so tired. Tonight he will sleep a deep, peaceful sleep In Jesus Name. After his blood transfusion, he perked up a bit and started babbling and smiling. Transfusions are something he will have to receive throughout chemotherapy.

Today they taught me how to change the dressing on Luke's central line. It is a little nerve racking to have to clean and dress something that goes into his heart. Everything must be very sterile. That only has to be doe once a week. I also have to flush the line once a day with saline and Heparin. The nurses are very kind and tell me that soon I will be a pro at it. I just wish my hands would not shake. I never thought I would be put in a position where I had to do such things. God is revealing my strengths through my weakness. He said that He would never put more on us than we are able to handle. I trust the Lord with my whole heart. He is going to bring us through this storm. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.
Holding Luke. He is only really comfortable when he is being held. Reading to Luke. He liked the pop out books the best.
Nana Monica holds Luke.
Daddy gets a smile from Luke.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we have ever met. I am a friend of Monica's and have been reading your updates on Luke. Luke, Noah (my son), and Jon-Paul share the same b-day. I want you to know that Luke and the family are in our prayers. We have started to add baby Luke to our nightly prayers with our daughter, Taylor.

We will be praying for you!!!

The Rowell Bunch said...

Sister Jen, I am a friend of Monicas, the minute I read your story on her blog I immediatly started praying for baby Luke. My son had cancer at 3months. God gave us peace of mind and strenth through it all. I know with God all things are possible I had to put it in His hands. My husband and I will continue to pray for your family and baby Luke. To God Be The Glory for what he will do.

Your Brother & Sister in Christ,

Jared & Nicole Rowell

Mona said...

Hi Jen, I now know more about you from this blog than other times we have met in VA...I guess we are always trying to keep up with our little guys when we meet! Just want to say I love you, girly, and Luke is going to have an awesome testimony...God is the miracle worker! Solomon & Isaac miss their buddy, Levi...we are thinking about you guys!
-Mona