Monday, August 18, 2008

Chemotherapy Day 10

Today we took Luke to The Children's clinic to get his second session of Vincristine. We were there for almost 5 hours. What a busy place that is. When the Dr. was examining Luke she said she thought he was dehydrated, so he had to get hooked up to receive some fluids before getting the chemo. They took us to the infusion part of the clinic. So many children there receiving chemotherapy, my heart broke. Luke did very well though. I held him the whole time and he just sat with me, very peaceful. All of his blood work came back good and they had to check his liver function before giving him the chemo, it was good.

After receiving the chemo, he had to get another hour of fluids. We live about 45 minutes (without traffic) from the clinic and Luke slept almost the whole way home. He is sleeping now and I pray he stays asleep for most of the night. Now is the time when his white blood cell count is going to start to really drop. Levi has a little cold and just wants to hug and touch his little brother. I try to get Levi to understand the situation, but he does not want to. I have a lot of guilt regarding my time spent with Levi. I know he will be fine it just breaks my heart. Well Luke is awake again, so I will say good night. Pray for sleep, peace and sleep.

4 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Sister Jen,

Peace, sleep, healing and strength! God is able to heal your little baby boy. We have faith with you. I believe in miracles!!! Prayers are going up!!!
Praise the Lord for what He has already done!
(Found you thru Sis Noel)
God bless you and yours

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Morning.. Just checking in. Prayer is going up all over the place for you Jen. Bro Winslows church e-mailed me and said they were with us in prayer and quite a few others. God is working.
Hope you got some much needed sleep. Love you Girl, TTYL Noel

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

I received a request from Sis Noel asking prayer for little Luke Fernando who is only 6 months old and he is suffering from liver cancer. I too, would like to ask you to put him and his family on your prayer list if you have not already done so. He is such a beautiful child and needs the hand of God to come down in a mighty way and do a miracle in his precious little life. Together as the family of God we can bind together and build our faith and believe God for a miracle on behalf of little Luke.
You can visit his mother's blog and leave her an encouraging word here: http://jenfernando.blogspot.com/
God Bless
Posted by Jolene Mendoza at 6:01

Jen I wanted you to see this..Love you. Noel

Victory Girl said...

Hi Jen,

I found you through a blog by Monica Hassas in California. I attend Victory Point Pentecostal Church in California and we are all praying for your sweet baby too! I know first hand what God can do for our children! 17 years ago God stepped in when my daughter was born with half a heart. She wasn't given much hope of life and if so, no guarantee of the quality of that life. Today, she is a beautiful young lady who has very little signs of that very trying first three years. She knows where her help came from. God will be your strength. I am praying that He will pour His sweet rain of peace and love on you and your family.

Sisters in Him,
Sis.Michele