Monday, February 2, 2009

Cancer Fears ME

We were so happy to celebrate Luke's 1st birthday. I have been working on a slide show of Luke's first year, which I hope to post in the next few days. I'm just trying to get the music right, in all my SPARE time..hahaa. I baked cupcakes for Luke on his birthday. He really enjoyed smashing it around and even put some in his mouth. It's really not the best tradition if the baby can't get in the bathtub. What a mess...good thing we have a couple of four-legged hoover vacuums walking around. It was just awesome to see Luke at a year. I haven't admitted to anyone how many nights I feared that the Lord would not give us much more time with Luke. The whole time he was in the ICU was terribly frightening. You just learn to cherish everyday. He is getting stronger and more feisty with one round to go, we are almost there. He has to have a blood transfusion on Wednesday, which should give him more energy, and on Thursday they will remove the feeding tube from his small intestine and put a new one into his stomach. We want him to be on it through this last round to make sure he is getting enough fluids and nutrition.

We have started a fundraiser called Cancer Fears ME. It's through the Cool Kids Campaign. They sell t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and other miscellaneous items with the logo Cancer Fears ME on it. 25% of every sale goes directly to Luke and the other helps the Cool Kids Campaign with all they do for children with cancer. You can get on their website to read about the non-profit co. and how they got started and where the money goes. It really ends up helping so many. You can order directly online at http://www.cancerfearsme.org/ and put in Lukey's customer number which is #264. They will ship directly to you. I'm so excited about this. Cancer Fears US, we don't fear cancer. They have this cute black and pink sweatshirt I was going to order, then I remembered I am pregnant. I don't think they carry maternity sizes..lol. I guess it doesn't really matter in a sweatshirt anyways. I urge everyone to go to the website an check it out. Even if you don't order there are so many other ways to help support children with cancer. If you know someone who has been affected by cancer this would make a great statement.


Lukey, thoroughly enjoying himself smashing the cake.

I know I've said this a million times, but thank you to everyone who helped us get this first year mark. We are looking ahead to many more.

No comments: