Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Prayers at work

Thank you for your prayers for Luke, as his liver functions improved ever so slightly today. The trend was positive enough that Dr Kauffman in consultation with the transplant surgeons decided to postpone the biopsy to Thursday, again, if needed. Please continue to pray that all the recent liver enzymes escalations are related to chemo and not rejection and that we can come home soon.

Special thanks to our pastor and the entire church for continuing to hold us up in prayer. We have prayer warriors from many countries and across the great country of the USA that are praying for our trooper. Heavens know the difference you made. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Talking about the great country, yesterday I had the honor of becoming a US citizen and it was a truly emotional day. I missed my wife at the ceremony, and the videos and songs were very sentimental that I had a chance to reflect on the very first day I came here and the last 11 years in this country. It is true what they say, "the land of opportunities." God has blessed me to be here and on top of that, given me a great wife and awesome children. I always knew God but my walk was defined in the last 11 years. I have met some of the best people here and have come to appreciate many things in this country some people take for granted. Congratulations to Pastor Steve, who also received the citizenship yesterday.

Blessings.

No comments: