Monday, August 19, 2013

A New Season

This post is dedicated to Missy! My faithful reader and friend who keeps reminding me to post! Well it has been awhile since I have posted. I think I have been trying to maintain some illusion of normalcy..although normal is completely overrated. What is normal anyways? I think it's different for everyone. Our normal is constantly changing anyways. School is getting ready to start again! Wow..I am so excited about that. This has been a great summer with lots of memories made, but the noise and bickering and boys tussling in the other room will not be missed. Levi is entering 4th grade, which is crazy to me! When did he get that old? Luke is starting Kindergarten, and the twins will start their last year of preschool. Once all those buses have pulled away carrying my precious cargo, I will be sad and think, well all that noise wasn't so bad. Fear not..it will start up again in the afternoon, so I will sit and enjoy my cup of decaf Earl Grey without having to reheat it 2-3 times.

I'll just update you on the status of the boys health. We had quite a lot of appointments this summer, trying to get things done before school starts. Luke had his complete blood workup done and an ultrasound of the liver. Everything looks great!! Thank you Jesus! The twins had a protein assay done that we have not gotten the results back yet and a full blood workup from an immunoligical standpoint. Their immune systems are holding. They have a low IgA..but it is still about the same as last year. They are doing very well at writing despite what I was told last year, they can almost write their names entirely by themselves! Thank you Jesus! We did find out that Luke is not a carrier of the gene, but Levi is. Our God is a healer though, that I know for a FACT!!

I am finally bringing a dream into reality. I have had a project I have been working on for the last year. Well, with a great partnership with my friend Missy, I am looking to have the first of a series published. I can't wait to share with you what it is all about. We have several more in the queue, that are works in progress. The idea first came to me when I was on a tour of the Loudoun County Landfill with Levi's cub scout den. I know you are chomping at the bit to find out..but you will have to wait :) Missy is extraordinarily talented and is bringing it all to life! I have been praying God's favor on this project and I believe it will be Awesome!! More news on this..I promise!

No comments: