Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Great Honor

I'm very excited about Pediatric Cancer Awareness month that is approaching. The month of September is "wear your gold" month! I am so honored to have been asked to speak at the Joan Hisaoka Gala being held in Washington, DC next month. I feel very blessed to be able to represent the Life With Cancer center and help raise funds for all the programs they offer.  I am going to post the video that they will be showing. It's a video we made last Fall, and I choke up every time I watch it. It makes me think..hmmm..I never really knew all what Levi was feeling and going through when Lukey was sick.  Afterwards, I get to share a little of our journey through cancer.

http://bcove.me/fxcouv1e

September is a good time to make donations to organizations raising money for Pediatric Cancer. CureSearch, American Childhood Cancer Organization, and Candlelighters are all great organizations. If you have several hundred laying about and you're not sure what to do with it, well buy some tickets to the upcoming gala and raise some funds for all the great programs they offer.
Joan Hisaoka Gala 
The Life With Cancer center did so many wonderful things for my family. Levi had a place to go where he could relate to other kids and what they were going through. He called it "his other school". I'm very thankful to them for that, and for making a huge impact on him. According to him, they always had Awesome pizza!



No comments: