Monday, August 27, 2012

A Call For All Out TRUST

Trust- firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. The dictionary of legal terms defines trust as -A relationship created at the direction of an individual, in which one or more persons hold the individual's property subject to certain duties to use and protect it . I like that. Ben and I have received a call for all out trust. There is no other option. I have a relationship with God, he holds my children in his hands, it's His duty to use them and protect them, and I know he will! 

Psalm 20:7
  Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 56:3
  When I am afraid, I will trust in you.
Psalm 91:2
  I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 112:7
  He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
 Job 13:15
   Though He slay me, yet will I trust him.

That last verse really touches my heart. Though He slay me, yet will I trust him. Job was a man of all out trust. All or nothing! He lost everything..everything..we can't even fathom that kind of loss, and yet he continued to trust in God. I am honored to be the mother of these 4 very special little boys. I am honored that God felt that Ben and I could be trusted to love, comfort, and raise up these boys. I was thinking back on everything we went through with Luke and thinking of all I had learned through it. He changed me..in fact He did more that that..He healed me. The miracle was not all about Luke..it was about us as a family and each of us as individuals. He healed me of fear...fear of death, and of failure. He healed my mind..my way of thinking. He changed me, for the better. We are better for having come through that. We are stronger now for the battle we face. It's time to go to war again, wearing the whole armor of God. We will fight for a cure, a treatment, anything that will help my babies...our Hope is in you oh Lord!







No comments: