Friday, March 27, 2009

Results

We finished the scans....well we thought we did. Yesterday we met with Luke's oncologist about all the results of his tests. She showed us his CT scans and went over the report with us. There is an area of question in the liver (not for Ben and I, we know he is healed). The radiologist seems to think it is scar tissue, but since his AFP is still elevated they want to make absolute sure that there was no "spillage" of cancer cells into that area. Luke will have a PET scan next week and an MRI the following week. We plan on pulling his NG tube before his scan to see how he does on his own...kinda cold turkey. If he doesn't do well drinking , he will get the tube put back in while he is under sedation. Then maybe we will try it again the following week before his MRI. We just need to be very sure we protect his kidneys. If he won't drink, he has to be on the tube.
Lukey has a little cold right now, but he is doing really well otherwise. I think Levi is suffering from Spring fever. He is bouncing off the walls and making my head spin. He desperately needs some outdoor activity to be in everyday...like cross country running!!! I had another OB appt last week. The boys are growing well, which is obvious by the size of my belly, and their heartbeats sound good and strong. I have another US next week to get their measurements. My cervix is holding up nicely, just in case you wanted to know. I have entered into the Hot dog and bologna phase of my pregnancy. See I don't go by weeks..I go by cravings...they are always the same. Indian food followed by peanut butter and jelly sandwiches followed by hot dogs and then on to bologna sandwiches. The new one I've been having lately is Hostess cherry pie, which I hadn't had for at least 10-15 years. Weird..and totally not healthy. I also eat a lot of raw veggies, but I do love a hot dog for lunch :) I have spent waaaay too much time talking about food. I feel the urgency to get things in order now...I am also in the nesting phase. Why is this so complicated?
Now I need to take Levi outside to run around and burn some energy. I will keep this updated about the PET scan results as soon as we receive them. We are only expecting good reports!!!

No comments: